Say It Isn't So
by PamFord Davis

Negative reports from a doctor, employer, or financial adviser turn your world upside down. A mate confesses infidelity and asks you for divorce. The voice on the other end of the phone says, "Your child is under arrest on drug charges in a juvenile detention center".


Say it isn't so! There must be a mistake; the doctor or financial adviser is looking at the wrong file. Your employer will find a way to avoid layoffs. The confession from your mate is all just a bad dream; you'll awake and life will return to normal. The call from the police is just a prank call made by someone with a twisted sense of humor.


Jesus repeatedly told his disciples of his approaching arrest, execution, and return to life three days later. They tuned out the message because they could not conceive the death of their long awaited Messiah. "Peter took Jesus aside and told him to stop talking like that. He said, 'God would never let this happen to you, Lord!' Jesus turned to Peter and said, 'Satan, get away from me! You're in my way because you think like everyone else and not like God (Matthew 16:22-23 CEV)." In denial of negative reports we cry out, say it isn't so! It is hard to swallow the truth. Take deep breaths; there may be a glorious promise leading to new life at the conclusion!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print