Tides in Our Lives
by Marijo Phelps

We have all probably lived through a few seasons of change. Springtime comes and goes into summer, then all the leaves fall off making a carpet of crunchy orange-green-brown-reddish leaves underfoot, then, if you are blessed, comes the frost and snow.

Standing at the ocean or even on the shores of a lake you can see the waves and the tide. You can actually get a snapshot of the weather watching those waves; white caps on wild and windy days, reflective times shown on the glass mirrored surface of a lake on a windless day. God sees our lives like that too. Sometimes He talks to us about our "ebbs and flows":

Child, there are ebbs and flows to life. You are beginning to see the reason and the beauty in both. You can sense/anticipate a glimmer of what I AM doing but yet see "as in a glass darkly" (like in a foggy bathroom mirror after a shower).

Keep on seeking Me. Keep on turning your heart unto Me. Each beat which would be out of time with My heartbeat you can yield to Me and I can redeem.

Remember winters/dormant times are not sluggish hibernation times, only times of growing roots and rest and increased sap to give life to the springtime fruit.

In no season is more done and less apparent. Don't take your ease but also cease striving. I will make it ALL happen.


Stay in My Word and soak. I will give you richness/fullness of growth. Don't "beat the bushes" for projects/busyness but flow in Me.


Minister creatively unto him I've given you. I shall lead. How shall he begin to know how much I, his Father, love him?

Sing psalms and melodies of praise and being to the Great I AM, Father of all, throughout your day. Selah.

In 1 Corinthians 13:12 the Bible speaks of us seeing in a mirror, dimly (now) but then we will see "face to face". Now I see in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

Can you even begin to imagine seeing the Creator of the Universe "face to face"? Frankly, I can't wait, though somehow I suspect this is another area where I will be retaking Patience 101 for a few more weeks yet.

In Philippians 1:6 the writer expresses his confidence in God when he says "being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. " I too, am confident of "this very thing". It is all because of Jesus that this former atheist has now been walking in a relationship with Jesus for almost 36 years. I know that Jesus, who began that work in me will complete it. And I take this time to publically say "yes, Lord Jesus, YES!"

PRAYER: Oh, Lord Jesus, your Word is SO rich, help me to soak and internalize all you give to me!

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print