While the iron is hot
by Chris Newman

Inspiration motivation, stimulation, encouragement, insight, revelation. A person who is inspired is driven, determined and practically unfazed by an obstacle between them and the goal set before them. They go beyond needs and obligations, thinking and feeling. They are consumed by momentum - drawing on a great, unseen force urging them forward. Like an arrow released from a bow Will not stop until it reaches its target.

God inspires us to act on his will. We may be inspired to do any number of things for him. From buying a stranger lunch, to joining the mission field From writing a book, to cleaning the church. There are countless acts which he can inspire us to do, and none of them are insignificant. We can never completely realize how important a single (seemingly simple) act can be. A simple act of kindness may be an answered prayer to a person who offers up one last plea to God before committing suicide Not only saving their life, but their soul as well. Or, perhaps God moves you to write an article and send it to the local paper. God may intend the words you write for a single person who can be reached by no other means. The point being, we should never be dismissive when we know God is inspiring us do act. Because we cannot fully know how important it is that we answer that call. The ultimate need being met is likely far greater than anything we could comprehend, and we should never take a move of the Holy Spirit lightly.

We can look at inspiration like a spark. It is a very bright, and hot. But, it only lasts for a split second. If the spark falls on wet tinder, there will be no fire. Likewise, if we choose not to be moved by God, the warmth, and light of his love will not spread. When we experience that instant, powerful urge to be set in to motion with a specific goal placed in our heart act. By allowing yourself to be a constantly available tool for God, he will put you to use. He will plunge you into the fire of the Holy Spirit, mold you and shape you in to your most pure, refined, and polished form. You will be a tried and true weapon he will use against the devil.

2 Peter 1:21 (For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit). When you feel that white hot flash of power land on your heart do not waste time pondering it trying to figure out what it means, or where it will lead. God already has your course set. All He needs you to do is take that first step of faith. Jump in the river, and experience a joy so overwhelming you'll wondering if your heart can contain it Strike while the iron is hot!

Just over ten years ago, God planted a seed in my heart.  This seed was the inspiration to begin to write.  I have no writing background.  At first, I felt awkward putting pen to paper. But, that seed sprouted and grew into a way for God to use me in a way I never dreamt possible.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print