Sheltered in the Savior's Love
by Marijo Phelps

Do you know someone who can shelter you? Someone who can always, always be there for you no matter what? Even though you cannot see them you know that you know that they are very present? I would say a resounding YES to these questions. Who is this someone? The Lord Jesus Christ, if you have asked Him to be your champion, your savior and your Lord. It is raining today and Pike's Peak now has a total new covering of snow.

I know, it is July and the rest of the nation swelters. If I am still I can hear my Jesus saying something to me:

Oh, my child, today you see the cold, driving rain but you know the sun (SON) is still there. Also, you are sheltered within, the elements without. You don't have to go out the choice is yours.

See those applications in your walk with Me too. I love you and surround you with My Spirit, you don't have to go out but can stay safe in my love. Selah.

In Deuteronomy 32:2 the Bible speaks of allowing God's teaching to fall like rain and his words descend like dew, like showers on the new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants. This sounds wonderful to those of us in drought stricken Colorado. Just last week the crisp grass was crunching under foot, no longer green but turned straw from lack of rain. Today after about 3 times of rain and hail there is green out there in that yard.

In Job 29:23 there are further metaphors saying "they waiting for me as for showers and drank my words as spring rain. This also is fitting for drought times.

In Psalm 27:5 the psalmist speaks of shelter saying that in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling, hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock. Great word pictures here that really engage the reader.

Psalms 91:1 speaks of he who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I can think of no better place to rest, really rest that in God's very own shadow. He is real. Real enough to cast a shadow to afford us rest. Are we willing to press in and get ever so close to Him? The rewards are incredible if we choose to do just that.

Prayer: Dearest Jesus, Your Word is so rich with promises for your Body, Your Bride. Thank You for putting things in words and ways that we can grasp and understand. With Word pictures that come alive for us. Thank you for the choices You give us and Your incredible, beyond understanding love. Help us to walk oh, so close to You. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print