Peek-A-Boo, I See You!
by PamFord Davis

Peek-a-boo, I see you! Now you see me now you don't!"

Daddy, where are you?

[Father mysteriously appears and disappears]

Boo-who! Daddy, come back!

[Looking over Job's shoulder, we see him in a series of calamities, bitter and cynical.]

"I'm getting a raw deal, and I want you all to know it!"

[God's face of blessing appears and disappears.]

"Lord, why are you punishing me?"

"I don't understand; this is not fair!"

[Would a righteous God play peek-a-boo? A black shroud hides His face.]

"I cannot take anymore; God, show Yourself!"

"Look me in the eye; tell me I'm guilty!"

"God, I'd rather be dead!"

Feelings rise with the illuminating warmth of daybreak, to sink in chilling despair of pitch-black night. Overpowering waves of despondency hold Job under in a frigid sea of sorrow. He loses sight of hope, mentally crashing amidst tangled seaweed, ripping his spirit on jagged rocks.

Memories of God's faithfulness, His face of acceptance, become a tangible life preserver. Floundering faith springs forth, matching perfect timing in tides of circumstance. Job sees a brighter future, heralds a proclamation of anticipation and hope.

"I know that there is someone to defend me and that he lives! And in the end, he will stand here on the earth and defend me. After I leave my body and my skin has been destroyed, I know I will still see God. I will see him with my own eyes, I myself, not someone else, will see God. And I cannot tell you how excited that makes me feel (Job 19:25-27 ERV)."

Job, with child like faith playing peek-a-boo with Daddy, believes he will see the face of God, his maker. He can hardly wait; in excitement, he might play patty-cake too.

"Daddy, Daddy do it again!"

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print