Drought in Your Heart
by Marijo Phelps

Do you have those times when there is a dryness in your spirit, a parched and thirsty time that can only be described as a true drought? Is it a time of tears or sorrow? I have those times. It is then, if I am thinking quickly enough in the moment, I remember Who promised that our of our hearts could flow "rivers of living water". How can that be possible when our very inner parts are DRY? Because we are His temple and He dwells therein. He is that source, it definitely is not from within anything that we could call "ourselves".

He might be allowing this time so we can learn more about Him (Jesus) our ways and means provider, Jesus who is perfect and strong especially in our times of weakness. Who would think that we could embrace times of dryness and tears? Through our Lord Jesus Christ even this can be turned to a time of blooming, a time of growth.

Let not there be drought in your heart as I have given you refreshment even in your ears. Give the fears of your years to the ONE who is more than able to carry you through. I'll take your fears, trembling turning that occasion into a trusting time as you learn more of Me, your Savior and Lord. Allow Me?

In John 7:38 we are told that the one who believes in Jesus will have rivers of living water flowing from his/her heart.

During these times we can learn the deep meaning of 2 Corinthians 12:19 where Jesus says that His grace is sufficient for us and that His strength is made perfect in weakness. Then Paul (writing this letter) says therefore he will boast in his infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon him (Paul).

Paul could see that we are weak. He could see that Jesus recognized this and made a provision for us in these times. That provision is Jesus Himself. I can tell you from experience during my many weak times there can be no better provision than Jesus Himself.

Once again we are called upon to let go, to give the control of our lives to Him who made us and knows us best.

The Bible speaks of how God knew Jeremiah BEFORE he was in his mother's womb in Jeremiah 1:5 saying "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations." I don't want to be presumptuous here but if he knew Jeremiah I suspect that He also knew you and me. We were no surprise to God but were and are still oh, so very precious to Him.

In Psalm 139:13-14 David speaks of God saying it so well "For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works and that my soul knows very well."
Please take heart, though you could have been a "surprise" to your parents you were no surprise to God. He thought you up, each little part of your "self" that makes you, you before you were conceived. He planned you. He might not have planned the circumstances of your conception but he definitely planned you. You are special, unique and cherished by the very God of creation.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank you for times of drought in our spirits so that we can come to know you even better. We can come to realize more that when we just can't rise to the occasion maybe it is because we are supposed to let go and allow You to be huge on our behalf. Correct our sometimes puny thinking and help us to truly "let go and Let God!" Thank you even for those times of tears, we give them all to You! AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print