Forget Him
by PamFord Davis

Family ties bind us and have the potential to blind us. We often ignore the truth of a loved one's weakness. Deception becomes denial and soon we convince ourselves they are without fault. Respected family members cover for them and make excuses for unacceptable behavior.


Absalom, son of King David undermined his father's authority and temporarily seized the throne. Everyone on the outside looking in knew the character, deception and dark side of Absalom. Despite the faults of Absalom, David grieved the death of his son. "And Joab was told, 'Behold, the king is weeping and mourning for Absalom.' So the victory that day was turned into mourning for all the people (2 Samuel 19:1-2a NKJ)."


Joab, Israel's military commander saw morale and courage dropping within the ranks and confronted David. "for today I perceive that if Absalom had lived and all of us had died today, then it would have pleased you well (2 Samuel 19:6b NKJ)." David set aside personal sorrow and appeared before God's people restoring confidence.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print