Jesus' Discipline Brings Joy
by Marijo Phelps

How many of us just loved it when we got "grounded" or a time out as a younger person? The Bible tells us that God's discipline brings joy. I might observe that I am not there yet, yes, I like the outcome of growth and good character traits. It is just the process sometimes that I am not thrilled with. I am sure if you are really honest, you can say that you relate. No one enjoys the trip "out behind the woodshed". Once again I hear the Lord whispering in my heart:

My Daughter, you are being brought home for my purpose. It shall unfold in flowering beauty as my perfect timing occurs.

Don't fret or second guess but rejoice. Look around you.

Allow my discipline to bring you joy, and my love to reach out through you.

You are loved, learning and growing. Look to me as I be lifted up I shall draw all unto me/ Praise releases your spirit in me. Selah.

In Hebrews 7:19 the writer speaks that the law made nothing perfect yet there is a better hope introduced about drawing near to God. Jesus was and is our living hope.

Farther on in Hebrews 10:20 we are encouraged to draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

Do you remember back to the time you asked God's forgiveness and that load of guilt lifted off your shoulders? If you have never asked Him to forgive you there really is no better time than right now. It is not by accident you are reading these words. He is there and willing to forgive you and set you FREE!

Prayer: Dear Jesus, thank you for speaking to my heart and drawing me closer and ever closer to You. You are the most great encourager. I love You! Thank you for the price you paid on Calvary for my terrible choices, choices that made an even bigger gap between me and You. Thank You that You left heaven to come here and live as one of us yet remained "without sin" Yourself so you could pay that ultimate price for each individual. We praise Your most incredible name! AMEN.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print