You're The One That I Want
by PamFord Davis

We at certain times know precisely who we want to fit a role, and will settle for no one else. A boy may have his eye on homecoming queen for the senior prom, or an employer believes they have located the perfect person for the job opening. Friends or associates may not agree with our choices.


God chose Saul of Tarsus as leader of His Gentile mission movement, and enlisted Ananias to carry the message to Saul. He thought God made a big mistake and tried to clue Him in. The Lord stood firm; Saul would carry the gospel message. (Acts 9:1-16)


Ananias entered the home where Saul stayed and began to explain his purpose. "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus sent me. He is the one you saw on the road on your way here. He sent me so that you can see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit (Acts 9:17b NCV)."


From that day forward, God repeatedly reassured Saul, changing his name to Paul the Apostle. You're the one that I want to carry my message of salvation by grace through faith. He faithfully answered that call and planted churches everywhere he went.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print