Now On The Weigh
by Shirley Carr

I've had some good days
I've had some hills to climb
I've had some weary days
And some sleepless nights
But when I look around
And I think things over
All of my good days
Out-weigh my bad days
I won't complain
Rev. Paul Jones "I Won't Complain"

Tired of Appetizers? Are you tired of the portion that is served before or at the beginning to stimulate the desire to eat! Appetizers suggest that more is to follow! Appetizers are good if you're just getting started but if you have been waiting for a long time; appetizers just won't cut it. Eventually, your hungry grow for something that is more filling. Have you ever gone to a restaurant, but before you arrived at the location you were already starving! The waiter gives you the menu and suggests that you purchase an appetizer to hold you over, while your main dish is being prepared! Now after having the appetizer, the waiter comes back and says, "Your dish is on the way." Your eyes begin to water because the appetizer was okay but it wasn't the main dish! You lean back and take a drink of your beverage and wait because your dish is on the way! Can you remember how you felt? Life is very similar because there are courses in our life that develop us and cause us to WEIGHT while the main course of our life is on the way!

Whether good or bad, if we are honest- some of the courses in life happened because of our own obedience or disobedience. Nevertheless, life gets us to a point of wanting more than an appetizer. As a strong believer, that there is nothing new under the SON. I ran across a passage in the bible and began to read Mark 8:1-9. In the passage Jesus is feeding the hungry physically, but more importantly he is also feeding their spiritual hunger. Have you ever had a need for something more that what you have been getting? Have you ever ran into the problem of having to deal with being stimulated but not being fulfilled? Jesus recognized that the people traveling with him were hungry physically but there was a deeper spiritual need that he had to fulfill. While, it is true that faith in Jesus may help provide for material needs; the truth is that there is a deeper spiritual need that has to be met! When we run into this insatiable desire it means that something is not being met and more times than not the need is a spiritual one. The only source we have to guarantee that the spiritual aspect of this life is being met is to look toward the source and that is Jesus. Why look at Jesus? What did Jesus do? Jesus worked according to his purpose. Jesus knew that his purpose is the way the truth and the the life. Jesus is the way (not the destination) of love! Jesus is the living product for the way of joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, faith, meekness, and temperance. What has your life been producing? Jesus is the truth. The truth of Jesus is that he was the fulfillment of the law and the prophets. Your true fulfillment is connected to the relationship with Jesus. Truth is having the RELATIONSHIP of knowing Him- He is not just a religion caught up in tradition. Have you ever been in a relationship and you never spoke to the person? That wont work out at all! Jesus is the life. He died a horrific death so that we can live. He beat death so that we can live! Think about that conceptJESUS BEAT DEATH! If the course we are on is causing us to be lifeless, we have to reconsider what we are consuming. What is our spiritual consumption like? Jesus is life and we have the ability to be personally fed by Him! Why starve to death? Jesus did not let them go hungry and he wont let us go hungry either. The very courses that got you to this point have only prepared you for your main course and trust and believe it is Now On the Weigh!

Mark 8:3
If I send them home hungry, they will collapse on the way, because some of them have come a long distance.

EVEidenz, copyright Pen You In 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print