Runaway
by PamFord Davis

A runaway's mind wanders as aimlessly as their feet, filled with uncertainty, anxiety and desperation. We can only imagine the sense of hopelessness runaways experience daily. They are without the security found within basic essentials of safe housing, food, and water. Adults with the responsibility of children in their care not only fear for their own safety, but for their dependent young.


Government leaders in large cities across the globe face the endless challenge of providing for the homeless, who find shelter under bridges, in abandoned housing, or city parks. Many, through loss of income, lost their homes and have no place to turn for assistance.


Abraham and Hagar (the handmaid of Sarah, his wife) fathered a son, Ishmael. Conflict, jealousy, and resentment spread through the camp life wildfire. Hagar and Ishmael were sent away to restore peace between Abraham and Sarah. The young woman and her child lost Abraham's provision and protection.


"She walked out into the wilderness of Beersheba, wandering aimlessly. When the water was gone she left the youth in the shade of a bush and went off and sat down a hundred yards or so away. 'I don't want to watch him die,' she said, and burst into tears, sobbing wildly. Then God heard the boy crying, and the Angel of God called to Hagar from the sky, 'Hagar, what's wrong? Don't be afraid! For God has heard the lad's cries as he is lying here. Go and get him and comfort him, for I will make a great nation from his descendants.' Then God opened her eyes and she saw a well; so she refilled the canteen and gave the lad a drink (Genesis 21:14b-19 The Book-Living Bible)." The Lord provides and protects!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print