When...
by Rod Smith

When the church has a Prayer Night instead of a Trivia Night; when a Bible Teaching Night for all is preferred to a Ladies Night or Men's Dinner.

When the pastor writes the sermon, but then has the humility to give it to a more competent presenter than he (in the rank-and-file) to deliver it.

When winning souls becomes the priority in the church's scheme of things; when the leadership takes the time and trouble to regularly ask the people who sit there every Sunday what they think of the church, and ask what can be done to improve it.

When a message is delivered which will not be a bedtime lullaby to comfort and caress the listeners, but rather will stir and challenge them; when the unpalatable words of the Bible like sin, lake of fire, trial, tribulation, holiness, righteousness suddenly reappear on the church's menu and are put on the plates of the people.

When the youth of the church are taken on the street with the visiting evangelist rather than merely listen to him talk; when the Bowling Alley Night changes to the Soulwinning Night.

When the hugely expensive plans for a new building are scrapped and the church meets in homes instead, using video link-up; when the money saved is used to buy ten roaming Jesus buses to get the message into the community at their door not the church's.

When the church saves more money by accommodating that world-renowned preacher in a humble home rather than pay for his luxurious hotel; when they refuse his extortionate "appearance money" demand, and tell him there'll be a love offering only, take it or leave it.

When the pastor stands at the microphone and tells the young people that sex before marriage is defined by the Bible as fornication, and that they cannot call themselves a Christian whilst doing it.

When the church ignores the latest big-selling book, fads, fashions, trends, bottoms-on-seats psychology, and focuses on the Bible.

When all of that happens, dear friends, we will have revival.

I'm an ex-proof reader, retired, living in Australia. I'm also a street evangelist. My articles are free to share, but are not to be sold. My website:
http://bibleforecast.info

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print