Precious and Few
by PamFord Davis

We all have favorite words, phrases and expressions that we use frequently. They are as much a part of us as DNA and fingerprints. Parents and grandparents may have spoken them; we possibly picked them up from peers as childhood or teenage slang. Often we are not aware why we use them.


One of my favorite words is precious. I get a warm and fuzzy feeling when I hear or say it. It might be describing a valuable article such as priceless jewels or an heirloom precious to only the holder. I use it as an adjective to describe an adorable child. They are simply precious!


We can be blind to the true value of others. "It is just as God says in the Scriptures, 'Look! I am placing in Zion a choice and precious cornerstone. No one who has faith in that one will be disappointed.' You are followers of the Lord, and that stone is precious to you. But it isn't precious to those who refuse to follow him. They are builders who tossed aside the stone that turned out to be the most important one of all. They disobeyed the message and stumbled and fell over that stone, because they were doomed (1 Peter 2:6-8 CEV)." He is so precious to you and me.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print