Ants Go Marching
by PamFord Davis

Object lessons are all around us. Jesus parables drew the attention of crowds, giving Him the opportunity to reveal truth of God's kingdom. Gifted speakers and writers use whimsical stories and whit sharing tall tales with morals for all to chew over. Mark Twain and Will Rogers top the list, with the ability to draw us away from taking life too seriously.


Theologians refer to Proverbs as the book of wisdom. The thirty-one chapters offer a daily reading for a month long study. Solomon buried teachings within fatherly advice, tested by time, and as relevant today as when penned.


We also find simple common sense fact. "Ants are not very strong. But they store up food in the summer (Proverbs 30:25 NCV)." We battle ants at picnics, in our lawns or in kitchen cabinets. At best, we only deter their activity. They will regroup and continue their assault.


Home gardeners with summer vegetable gardens follow the ant's example. They are determined to stock their shelves or freezers with fresh fruits and vegetables for the winter ahead. They will reap the rewards!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print