Refining Fires
by PamFord Davis

Surgery patients receive great comfort and reduction of pain through medical advances, using outpatient services and local anesthetics, reducing out of pocket costs and fewer days of recuperation. Hospitals continue to seek higher standards in sanitizing techniques to prevent infections, both for patients and caregivers.


We forget how far we have come in health care. Movies remind us of past problems. Surgical procedures during the War Between the States, or Wild West days were dangerous. Doctors took the risk of delicate operations, with little more than scalpel and trembling hands. They washed hands and plunged instruments in a blazing fire to kill the germs, and barely sedated the ill.


The Lord uses fires of adversity to refine His children and burn away sins' contamination. The result is worth it all "This third I will bring into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The Lord is our God' (Zechariah 13:9 NIV)." His burning love shapes us into instruments of service and grace.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print