On the Sunny Side of the Street
by PamFord Davis

Some people naturally seem to see the positive side of circumstances, while others seem to wear a gloom placard around their neck. We are attracted to hopeful individuals and avoid negative folks like the plague. I am happy to say my husband Norm falls in the first category. I am not always as quick to walk on the sunny side of the street.


We dated during the dark ages of 45's and 33 rpm records and he worked on a local radio station. One Sunday morning we were on our way to worship services with my friend and driving down a busy Syracuse street. We were discussing something and he meant to describe it as on the other side of the street; instead his career as DJ surfaced by using the term the flip side!


Paul directed us to that flip side of life. "Brothers and sisters, continue to think about what is good and worthy of praise. Think about what is true and honorable and right and pure and beautiful and respected (Philippians 4:8 ERV)." The sun is always shining on that side of the street.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print