Why Do We Resist Change
by Marijo Phelps

Do we just love to move to a new place in church rather than sit in the same old area each and every Sunday? Hey, that's my chair, what are those strangers doing sitting there? And the mental dialog goes on every time we are challenged to make a change in our routine. If we have great habits like spending time in the Word each morning or giving many minutes to intercessory prayer then maybe we shouldn't change. However, there are probably many things in our lives which could use a heavenly overhaul, aren't there? Then there are those times when the Lord is doing new stuff in us and through us and totally rearranging our lives. It is not always comfortable or comforting but it is always necessary or He wouldn't be doing it.

Child, I AM doing many new things with, in and through you. Be not alarmed, confused or bewildered. I'm still going before you and preparing your ways. Fear not, but let ME be your focus. I AM shall and has overcome all the obstacles. Reach out as I lead. Draw close to Me so that the overflow shall splash and refresh (others). I love you and am "growing you up" in Me. Know that I AM God and I Am setting you free. It takes time, one step at a time. I cherish you and delight to be your husband. Selah.

In Isaiah 42:9 we are told about the former things having come to pass and new things I (the Lord) declare, before they "spring forth" I (the Lord) tell you of them.

Many changes are for the better. Can we trust our Lord Jesus with those changes?

In John 16:33 Jesus speaks of the promise that in Him we have peace. In the world we have tribulation but we are to be of good cheer as Jesus reminds us that He has overcome the world.

This looks like one of the promises we should print out, frame and hang on the wall where we will see it each and every day! HE is so able even when we are struggling or having doubts about ourselves or our situation.

In Acts 3:19 we are encouraged to repent and turn to God so that your sins may be "wiped out" that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.

Not only can we be forgiven of our sins but we will also be refreshed. This is another promise worthy of framing and keeping front and center before our eyes always.

In Ephesians 4:15 we are encouraged to speak the truth in love and that we will in all things grow up in him who is the head, that is, Christ Jesus.

There is nothing wrong with speaking the truth if we can temper that with doing it in love. We need to speak the truth and are encouraged to do this, not in an angry voice or posture but in love, because we truly care for that person we are sharing it with.

I love the second part about "growing up". The scripture doesn't say maybe we will grow up it says we will grow up into Christ. Sometimes I have my doubts and get a bit discouraged but this scripture says it will happen. This is something to rejoice over!

Why can we believe and rest in the promises we have spoken about in this devotional? Because if we have asked Jesus to forgive us and take over our lives then what is spoken in Isaiah 54:5 is true " For your Maker is your husband the LORD Almighty is his name the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth. (NIV)"

He is more than able! He is in control if we allow that in our lives. Who better to call the shots than the one who picked all those special qualities of your person that make you uniquely "you"? What a relief to know that someone with more wisdom that you or me is in control of our lives and has a real plan for us!

Finally in Revelation 21:2 the Word speaks of coming events. "I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. (NIV)"

Prayer: Dear Jesus, we sense that You are coming again SOON. Please help Your Bride, this Bride to grow up and become more like You. Thank you for straightening out the "wiggles", wrinkles and spots we have a long way to go. You and I have made progress over the years. Thank You for Your patience and perseverance. Sometimes I wonder how you take time with me, but You always do. You, oh Lord, are beyond comprehension to my finite mind. Thanks for continued revelation and sharing of who You are. Words cannot express my overflowing heart to You! AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print