Your Choice of Garments, You Always Have Choice
by Marijo Phelps

Do you remember having one of those days when you were in a bad mood? Grumpy would be a fitting name. Moping around the house you go and that garment of grumpiness you chose to put on is not very pretty. You might say "but you just don't understand the things that are going wrong in my life."

Yep, I said you chose to put on that garment. I have definitely been there too. We still have a choice on how to respond. Many times it seems that the Lord allows these "grumpy garment" circumstances to surround us knowing we have a choice. Grab that "bent out of shape" attitude or to choose to praise Him for the things which are right. His goodness, His mercy, His forgiveness and provision.

Those times have come to be "attitude check" times. IF I remember that in the midst of the mess. Yes, it can really be a mess. It is tough when those closest to us sometimes act like a porcupine or a prickly pear cactus to all who get close to them.

We do have a choice on our response. One set of responses are those which break God's heart. They make us look just like that porcupine who just poked and "stabbed" us as we return their jabs in kind. It might make us feel good for a moment and then we take on a whole new set of issues.

The other response is to see this as an opportunity for an "attitude check". We can respond the way we wish another had treated us in the first place by sharing the truth in love. Or respond by remembering that a soft answer turns away wrath rather than escalating the steamy situation to a blow up point.

Next time we hear the Lord whispering to our hearts an we take that challenge and remember we do have a choice?


Child, sometimes you mope around too much when you should be rejoicing. Look not with your natural eyes but see the situation through my Spirit.

The wisdom of the world is indeed foolishness unto Jesus let that lift you up.

When your eyes see discouragement in the natural KNOW that things are not as they appear and REJOICE!! Selah

1 Corinthians 3:19
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, "He catches the wise in their own craftiness" (NKJV)

Isaiah 55:8
"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the LORD. (NKJV)

Ruth 3:18
Then she said, "Sit still, my daughter, until you know how the matter will turn out; for the man will not rest until he has concluded the matter this day." (NKJV)

Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! (NKJV)

Prayer: Dear Jesus, what better place to be than STILL before you. Please help me to stop wiggling, to trust, and to know my natural eyes sometimes mislead. Thank you for loving me enough to be persistent with me. Thank you most of all for "attitude check" times and being able to put on a garment of praise. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print