How to Run the Race Giving No Ground to the Enemy
by Marijo Phelps

Have you ever gotten a pep talk from The Coach? A good sport's coach can challenge and motivate his team players without putting them down but by lifting them up and helping them to stretch to their maximum capabilities. Have you ever thought about how the Holy spirit coaches us, as believers, on a daily basis? Once again he is whispering to our inner ears:

Resist the enemy and he will flee from you. Your strength comes from Jesus in you. If your spirit is willing but your flesh is weak, stand on My promises.

Be not a stumbling block to anyone but lean on Me for your every need and share your sufficiency with those I open your eyes to see.

Daughter, many have needs which go so far beyond what you feel your needs are at this moment. Look to their needs, and share your answer, Jesus, your Lord.

I will be your sufficiency, your victory, your loved ones' doorway to eternal life. Resist the enemy and he must flee in Jesus name. Bring your flesh into subjection.

Hold out and hold on time is so short that it won't be long at all. I am coming back for my spotless bride. You feel pressure to get ready for the wedding. Do not allow yourself to be distracted.

Look to my Word. Look up to the soon returning Son. He will lead you through so you might bring others with you on that celebration day.

In James 4:7 we are challenged to submit ourselves to God, resist the devil and he will flee from us.

I think many times in the quoting of that verse the first part is left off. We need to submit ourselves to God first and then the other part of that verse will follow. It is not by our strength or might but by and through our Lord Jesus Christ that we can and will have victory over the enemy. That price was paid on Calvary for our time and eternity. It was paid for our daily struggles and the key to loosing that power is to submit to Jesus.

Does that mean we will have anything and everything we want? Nope. It means that we can walk through the struggles this world has for us and come out victorious in Jesus. We will have struggles so we can learn how faithful God is, so that we can grow and develop good character and become more like Christ. We will have troubles, this isn't heaven yet, but Jesus will be there through it all with us every step of the way.

1 Peter 5:9
Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. (NIV)

John 14:28
"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. (NIV)

2 Peter 3:14
So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. (NIV)

Prayer : Help me not to look at my very circumstances, oh Lord, but to look up to you and your perspective I pray. How would you have me respond, my Jesus? Help me to learn and grow making choices and choosing words that reflect Your heart. Make me look and act more like you each day? Please help me to not groan in the process. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print