What Does Anxiety Purchase for You and What Does That Cost?
by Marijo Phelps

Think about being anxious or worried, it takes time and is a total distraction. Hanging on to anxiety doesn't solve the problem, does it? It might actually keep you from prayer which could solve the problem. It keeps your focus on you and usually off the One who could do something, God. It gives you the side "benefit" of a tummy tied in knots, a wrinkled expression on your face and sends the message that you do not trust. That is quite a price to pay for being able to have an anxious moment or day, isn't it? How do I know all of this? I have paid that price realizing in hind sight that even one day is too great a price to pay when there is an alternative.

Listen carefully to what Father God would say. Remember that He and maybe He alone is able to make that difference in your anxious situation:

You are so filled with questions some necessary and pertinent. Some you'd do better without, for your own anxiety. You are learning the difference even now.

Your mind shall be refreshed and renewed as you focus on Jesus and ask. I am with you to teach, strengthen and empower you in His name.

Be flexible in my Spirit and when in doubt, ASK ME. I won't leave you in doubt.

Praise be to God most High for His incomparable gift, His Son, Jesus Christ, your Lord.

Isaiah 26:3 speaks of peace, perfect peace saying "You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You." (NKJV)


If we can focus on God and His capabilities instead of our lacking ones in the circumstances we find ourselves so much changes in our perspective.

Philippians 4:6 exhorts us to be anxious for nothing (that doesn't leave very many exceptions, does it?) then it goes on to tell us what we should do, in everything (again, no exceptions) by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Talk to Him who is so able. Looking up supplication we find that it too is prayer, earnest and humble prayer. We know what thanksgiving is and there is one who can never be told enough how thankful we are, Jesus. He gave His all to set us free. He paid for our freedom, why do we sometimes still act like slaves? For me this means it is time for an attitude adjustment so that my thoughts line up with His reality.

Luke must have known our propensity to "wart" about things when he said in 12:29 to seek not what you should eat or drink nor have an anxious mind.

Looks like this "anxiety" thing is not new to this era but goes a long way back.

In 2Corinthians 10:5 we are encouraged to cast down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.

In a practical sense this means to put on our Jesus filter in our mind and eyes and ears and mouth. Let His perspective prevail and toss out anything that doesn't line up with His Word and the principles brought forth therein. Toss out all else, the Word of God is our reality for life and we need to make active choices based only upon His Word and the promises, thoughts and instruction we find there. Get rid of the junk. Ask the Lord to help you clean your closets tossing out every wrong conception that doesn't line up with the Bible. It is amazing to me how many things are part of my life and thinking that really have no scriptural basis. Over the years I have prayed to have the Lord "clean my closets" many times and have never been disappointed.

I will end with a great scripture which tells us what we should dwell upon:

Philippians 4:8
[ Meditate on These Things ] Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthymeditate on these things. (NKJV)


Prayer: Dear God, I know the mind of Christ is in me. Please put a lid on those wanderings and flights of thought I have that do not line up with your Word. Help me to bring every thought captive to the perfect will of Christ in my life! Let no anxious thought be found in me. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print