Pretty Woman
by PamFord Davis

Admirers recognize true beauty; the powerful find ways to abuse it. Starlets and beauty queens each have a story to tell; memoirs include tragic tales of managers, producers or studio owners who have manipulated beautiful young women. The lives of many end in heartache and tragedy.


How can an asset become their liability? There are no pat answers, only more questions on why success is so easily lost, or why women lose their identity behind a pretty smile. Esther is the main character in the Old Testament book of intrigue and danger. We lose sight of Vashti, who gave Esther her golden opportunity.


"He commanded them to bring him Queen Vashti, wearing her royal crown. She was to come show her beauty to the people and important men. She was very beautiful. The eunuchs told Queen Vashti about the king's command. But she refused to come. Then the king became very angry. His anger was like a burning fire (Esther 1:11-12 NCV)." He wanted to show her off like a new car or prize racehorse. She refused and in humiliation, he flew into a rage!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print