Can The Lord Correct Someone, Probably Much Better Than We Can
by Marijo Phelps

We have all experienced those times when a friend or loved one is walking way too close to the edge. Maybe they are making choices that aren't Biblical or showing a lack of wisdom. There is a vast difference between being the watchman sounding the trumpet and being of a critical spirit and judgmental leaping in where the Lord did not ask you to go.

Ezekiel 33:6
But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet, and the people are not warned, and the sword comes and takes any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at the watchman's hand.

Prayer was going up for a friend and I felt the Lord whispering to my heart:

The face of the waters appears troubled. Jesus your Lord is still your source. Let your eyes rest upon Him. Fear not nor be carried away. My will shall be exercised. You shall all grow together. She is my daughter too, Daughter, I love her. Judge not too harshly. Leave correction to me.

That was definitely my answer to prayer for the situation.

In Luke 6:37 we are encouraged to judge not and we shall not be judged. Condemn not and you shall not be condemned. Forgive and you shall be forgiven.

The above passage looks like social gospel in a nut shell, doesn't it?

In John there are some more ideas on listening to the Lord and judging.

John 12:48
He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges himthe word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day. (NKJV)

The final passage I looked at for judging (and there are many more too) was in Romans:

Romans 14:13
Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother's way. (NKJV)

Prayer: Dear Father, please help me to be right before you. Help me to pray for my friend and not presume I know what she is going through, nor her motive. Help me to discern when you'd have me "share the truth in love" and when you reveal something so that I may simply pray, in the name of Jesus our Lord, AMEN.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print