Stand By Me
by PamFord Davis

Those who admit they need help are not helpless; they are not ashamed to humble themselves. Honest seeking is a sign of inner strength. When we are in trouble way above our heads, refusing a helping hand is a sign of pride, not of self-sufficiency.


Moses knew he would fail without God. When Jehovah first gave Moses the assignment to deliver his own people from Egypt, Moses made excuses. He felt unworthy and inadequate, agreeing only after promises of assistance from his brother Aaron and assurance of the Lord's presence and guidance. (Exodus 4:12-15)


The children of Israel rebelled repeatedly during their wilderness experience. They tested God's patience and Moses' faith. "Now therefore, I pray Thee, if I have found favor in Thy sight, let me know Thy ways, that I may know Thee, so that I may find favor in Thy sight. Consider too, that this nation is Thy people. And He said, 'My presence shall go with you, and I will give you rest.' Then he said to him, 'If Thy presence does not go with us, do not lead us up from here (Exodus 33:13-15 NAS)." Moses did not want to take another step unless God stood at his side.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print