My Shakers Are Full
by PamFord Davis

My emotional instability system must be set on high; I envy those who make all decisions by rational thinking. Wait one minute; deep thinkers must be emotional too. Authors and artists would not be capable of expressing such beauty, suffering, light or darkness apart from emotional involvement. Their work reveals only what they personally first experienced or envisioned.


I have grumbled to the Lord about my emotional makeup. If only I did not hurt so deeply or become so depressed following major disappointments Why can't I shrug off mistakes, expressing "It's no big deal"? Okay, is it a crime? I am an emotional female.


If emotions are the salt and pepper of life, my shakers must be full. Food is bland, lacks appeal, and satisfies less when spices are absent from recipes. I don't appreciate the many benefits of a dash of salt unless it is restricted from my diet. What would I be like if God removed my emotions?


The bottom line is I want to pick-and-choose, keeping all of the feel good variety and discarding those that make me uncomfortable. Thinking as one of my rational folk I would have to declare that an impossibility. I could not truly experience the heights of joy unless I ascended from the valley of sadness.


How could I feel my burden of guilt lifted through forgiveness without first sensing the weight I carried? Our world is composed of opposites: sweet and bitter, hot and cold, up and down, high and low, happy and sad, fulfillment and disappointment


My logical side is pretty convincing. God knows best. I may not be doing back flips, but I thank Him for making me a highly emotional being. Without emotions, I could not feel the acceptance of His lavish love.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print