Personal Battles - Are You Ready to be God's Soldier
by Marijo Phelps

We are getting ready to go on a road trip. The computer room has suitcases, maps, topo maps, AAA books, vitamins, toiletries, shoes, shampoo, shaving and showering "stuff". Actually my writing room and spare bedroom is a total mess of organized chaos. We'd not think of jumping into the truck to do a road trip without planning ahead, taking the things we need and deciding where we are going ahead of time.

My question to you and to me is why we think we can get our emotions all involved before we have even heard the details or "seen" the plans of our Lord for battle. We get one little fragment, which probably means we are to begin praying and not a whole lot more, and we take off on an emotional trip that allows for nothing more that the enemy to come and begin punching buttons. Prayer and reading the Word can equip us. Emotional roller coasters can and will suck us dry, tie our tummy in knots and neutralize our effectiveness as God's prepared soldier in any battle.

And how do I know this for sure? Well, seems like I got button punched by the enemy and then taught very gently by our Jesus:

Child, you are going to have to get into practice/touch with your feelings before the real battle comes. To keep on hearing My voice and plans you must die to emotions/sentiment that comes before My revelation.

Press in and press on. I have given you Me to lean on, you're growing and knowing. Pray ahead. Pray much. I shall get you through.

Rely on Me, lean not to your own understanding. There is wisdom in a multitude of council. "No more stray puppies". Selah (pause and calmly think about that)

Be sensitive to the small checks I put on the secret areas of your heart in sharing. It is to save you pain and misunderstanding which can come from too rapid a sharing of heart. Selah. I love you, delight in you and am healing ALL your sorrows/wounds/brokenness. Selah. You're My delight, My daughter, My beloved, My intended Bride! SELAH.

Prayer:
Lord Jesus, I get small glimpses
Of where I could be with You
Lumps and flaws and stumbling blocks
Keep cluttering up the view
Father, I get discouraged
'Bout where I ought to be
Till You slow me down and help me look
From whence You've delivered me.

Psalm 18:39 is so encouraging saying that God armed me with strength for battle, God made my adversaries bow at my feet.

Looks like out Lord not only prepares us but He goes before us and fights on our behalf, if we let Him. We cooperate in prayer and He accomplishes our preparation, direction and guidance. I have seen what happens when I charge ahead on my own and I think that this "battle plan" sounds a lot more effective and sure.

Psalms 140:7 reminds us that the Sovereign Lord is our strong deliverer who shields our heads in the day of battle.

Sounds like He is right there with us through it all. For anyone who has ever experienced battle, and who hasn't, we know this is true. It is good to review His faithfulness as it gives us more faith for the unseen battles coming up. We aren't in Heaven yet, there will be more battles, guaranteed.

David seems to know much about battle and says in Psalm 4:1 "Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer." (NIV)

Psalm 147:3 speaks of God healing the brokenhearted and binding up their wounds.

Can you imagine a Commander in Chief who leads us into battle and then He puts on the Great Physician's lab coat to be there when we become wounded. What a comfort, what a relief, what a Lord!

In Isaiah 53:4 we are blessed to see that Jesus took our infirmities and carried our sorrows.
Psalm 34:18 reminds us that God chose the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

He has such a tender heart towards us, His sometimes wounded soldiers. Thank you, Lord!

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print