The One That I Love Belongs To Somebody Else
by PamFord Davis

Extramarital affairs happen only in secret rendezvous They involve only those with no deep spiritual commitments We are wrong when we make rash judgments; they happen in respectable places to respectable people. The deceiver Satan sets an alluring trap; infidelity, in moments of weakness becomes reality.


The couple did not have an affair in an out of town motel; it took place in the palace of Israel's King David. "One evening David got up from his bed. He walked around on the roof of his palace. While he was on the roof, he saw a woman bathing. She was very beautiful. So David sent his servant to find out who she was. A servant answered, 'That woman is Bathsheba daughter of Eliam. She is the wife of Uriah the Hittite. David sent messengers to bring Bathsheba to him (2 Samuel 11:2-4a NCV)."


David had a birds-eye-view from the flat roof of the palace. He saw a private moment in the life of a woman living close by. Many people bathed outside and she likely believed she was out of the view of others. David should have turned away when he accidentally invaded her privacy. Instead, he lingered and then inquired more about her.


The information he received should have cleared his mind. First, he learned that her father was Eliam, one of his faithful advisors. Next, the servant identified her as the wife of Uriah, one of his military men away in battle. He ignored the facts, and took as his own, another man's wife. Temptation is not a sin, yielding is

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print