Listening Intently to Your Jesus
by Marijo Phelps

We are all blessed to have ears and most of us can hear voices around us. Even for those who are deaf, hearing God is totally possible. We don't need a hearing aid to listen to that still, small voice within our hearts. Yes, we need to focus. Getting into the Word of God helps as sometimes a sentence or two will seem to jump off the page and be just written for you, right now, today. The Lord our God wants to have an intimate, daily relationship with us. He will listen to our cares, concerns, joys and questions better than anyone else. He alone can calm our anxiousness and rest out fears.

Child, you do hear Me. Fear not just because I am not speaking forth completed roadmaps at this time. Know that My timing is perfect and I know the plan, you and I are right on schedule. REST.

In Numbers 24:4 the Bible speaks of things a bit out of the "norm" in saying " the oracle of one who hears the words of God, who sees a vision from the Almighty, who falls prostrate, and whose eyes are opened." (NIV)

Why should it surprise us that God can do the creative and unusual in communication to His kids?
In Psalm 95:6-8 we are given reassurance and encouragement to worship, kneel before the Lord our Maker; He is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under His care. Today, if you hear His voice, harden not your hearts.
HE is oh, so worthy of our worship and love. He takes the very best care of us. We do have the choice to harden our hearts but why would we choose to do that. Hard hearts are closed, heavy, stony and basically dead. Wouldn't it be so much better to be alive in Jesus?

Psalm 27:3 speaks of our heart not fearing even though an army besiege us, though war break out against us, even then can we be confident (because God is on our side)

Isaiah 41:10 is reassurance from God saying "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (NIV)"

In Psalm 20:4 is another solid promise from God "May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. (NIV)"

The above scripture ties in with the following one found in Proverbs 16:9 "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps. (NIV)"

He really is able. Our fretting doesn't accomplish anything except wasting adrenalin and tying our stomach in knots. Who needs that when we can turn to our Jesus and let Him direct and lead. I think once again Isaiah 26:3 captures this well, "You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You." Perhaps this is another verse to frame and post on our walls.

Prayer: Dear Jesus, I am trying to REST in your arms as we await the blood test results on the kitten we'd like to adopt. I realize it could be a blood test on one of us with much more dire consequences. Thank You that I don't need a roadmap or a GPS because I have you, my Jesus, my Lord! Thank you that You truly go before us and prepare the way. Help that to seep into the core of me! AMEN.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print