Spending Time With The King, You Can You Know
by Marijo Phelps

Can you think back to years ago, as a child, did you ever play that you were royalty? A queen or princess, a knight fighting for what was right actually being able to spend time with the King or Queen of that imaginary realm. As adults we can still spend time with the King, if we will but take time to do so, King Jesus.

And as we spend time He might just whisper to our hearts:

Now after a time in My presence and Word you are calm in your spirit and able to focus; not by concentrating or force of your will but because you've been in the Master's presence, His house and you've praised Him.

I AM completeness for you, child. Face each day as our adventure together. I will give you much opportunity in all necessary ways.

You will look back on this time with no vagueness or questioning but you will see.

Know that it "makes sense" to Me even now and REST, my child.

In thinking about some key words from what He might share with us the following scriptures come to mind.

In Exodus33:14 the Lord speaks of His presence going with us and him giving us rest. I cannot think of one person in this often hectic race that we call "life" who wouldn't want a rest if it is offered to him or her. It is offered by the Creator of the Universe, will we accept that gift of rest?

In Psalm 89:15 David, the psalmist is speaking saying those who have learned to acclaim God are blessed, those who walk in the light of His presence.

In Psalm 100:4 we are encouraged to enter into His gates with thanksgiving and into His courts with praise; to give Him thanks and praise His name.

My sister was the music major. I carry a tune in a bucket so it will not splash all over where it doesn't belong. That didn't stop me this morning in the shower from singing Him a "new song". I have much to be thankful for and praising Him just seems to flow out of that Thanksgiving. The song might have been like a kid bringing dandelions to her daddy but how many of you have ever turned down that gift?

Prayer: Dear Jesus, please help me daily to come quietly into your presence and listen to You. Help me to give you praise and thanksgiving and a verbal hug. You are my Lord and savior. Thanks that you like my dandelion bouquets sent from the heart of me. AMEN.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print