Chariots of Fire
by PamFord Davis

Many believe if a baby gazes above, and breaks out into a smile, that they are seeing an angel. In innocence, they have eyes to see what we only imagine. It is possible for all; God can open our eyes. Elisha's servant needed heavenly vision; he saw the powerful enemy army, but did not view the heavenly host dispatched for deliverance.

"Then the king of Aram sent horses, chariots, and a large army to Dothan. They arrived at night and surrounded the city. Elisha's servant got up early that morning. When he went outside, he saw an army with horses and chariots all around the city. The servant said to Elisha, 'Oh, my master, what can we do?' Elisha said, 'Don't be afraid. The army that fights for us is larger than the army that fights for Aram.' Then Elisha prayed and said, 'Lord, I ask you, open my servant's eyes so that he can see.' The Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and the servant saw the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire. They were all around Elisha (2 Kings 6:14-17 ERV)."


The servant first felt totally overwhelmed, outranked, and outmaneuvered. He needed fresh insight and a reality check. Elisha sensed his feelings of fear and hopelessness; he trusted God to move in the young man's mind, heart and eyes. The servant witnessed a much more amazing scene; God would bring victory!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print