Big Man in Town
by PamFord Davis

Some men's reputations speak for them. Through perseverance, sweat and stamina they earn a name of notoriety. Word gets around fast; he's a big man in town. He has influence in high places and those testing the waters try to network with him, in hopes of meeting him face-to-face.


A simple shepherd boy quickly gained popularity; strangers praised his name and young girls swooned in his presence. "But something had happened when the victorious Israeli army was returning home after David had killed Goliath. Women came out from all the towns along the way to celebrate and to cheer for King Saul, and were singing and dancing for joy with tambourines and cymbals. However, this was their song: Saul has slain his thousands, and David his ten thousands! Of course Saul was very angry (1 Samuel 18:6-8a The Book/ Living Bible)."


David earned his reputation and the acclaim; his bravery and faith in God motivated him to risk his reputation and his life. We all have a choice. Will others know of us as men or women of distinction, or those who wasted their life away? Follow the example of David, a big man in town!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print