The virtuous Woman
by Lori Godfrey

The Virtuous Woman


Anyone that has read the Bible for any length of time has read Proverbs 31. Many women have asked the question, "Can I live up to her trait?" The answer given is yes. The only prerequisite to being a virtuous women is a women who fears the Lord.

Throughout the Bible our eye falls on the many stories of virtuous women, from Sarah to Hannah, Elizabeth and Mary. We often ponder Proverbs 31 especially living in the 21st Century. The world is entirely different .

From the invention of electricity, telephone and computer those objects of progress seem to make the virtuous lifestyle obsolete. But according to God the woman that fears Him, whether she lived then or now, is a women who shall be praised.

It is a true saying that we as women have more obstacles to endure in the realm of spirituality then those who paved the road behind us. The women of old, those who were virtuous, lived the life with a family that shared in her beliefs.

I believe that men in that era were God fearing opposed to the men of today. We endeavor to live a godly life among people that choose to live contrary to the word of God. How can we live a victorious life in a world gone haywire?

We live the life living next to Christ. "Come unto me all you that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me, for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls; For my yoke is easy and my burden is light". Matthew 11: 28- 30

Our Lord had many women followers during his earthly ministry . He knew our frailty and our strength . When the day approaches and you find you are at your last , the children are rebellious, your husband is being a hellion, the world as you perceive it is falling apart, that is when your eyes look to Calvary.

Look to the one who walked the cobble stone streets of the city only to fall and bleed. Look to the one who was so disfigured and fatigued, yet stopped in the streets to speak to the women.

saying, "Daughter's of Jerusalem, weep not for me, but weep for yourselves and for your children.
For behold the days are coming in the which they shall say blessed are the barren and the wombs that never bare, and the saps which never gave suck. Then shall they begin to say to the mountains, fall on us and to the hills cover us. For if they do these things in a green tree, what shall be done in the dry?"

When we examine our relationship with the Master, I hope we can say as Solomon's bride said in her dream, when she went about the streets looking for him and said, " Whom my soul loveth."

Our measure of virtuous living depends on our commitment to the Lord. Yes, it is a fact, we can be the woman of Proverbs 31; if it is unobtainable, then God is not God.

My name is Lori Godfrey and I am a Christian freelance writer and author. I also have been published in my home town newspaper. I write for a bi-monthly magazine and I am presently writing a memoir. I have two websites www.writingforhim.net www.bibletruths.us  As the author I hold the copyright.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print