Don't throw the first stone like the Pharisees
by S Mariah

There are probably a millions bad news of pastors' failure in our Society today. Do we join force bombarding the Church altogether, or do we act in unity and pray for our brothers and sisters who have fallen into sin?

It is a very important to ask ourselves as Christians, which side are we supporting, are we supporting the side of the non-believers, bombarding our brothers and sisters just like them or are we acting differently to the world. While the world has many fingers pointing at us Christians for the wrong things we have committed, while the whole world is condemning for what we believe, while the world is accusing us, hating us because we are Jesus' followers. How do we response to all this bad news?

Yes, pastors, ministers do fail from time to time if you want to know the plain truth. The truth is that, we are all living in this fallen world, we are fleshly human being with human desires still living inside of us. It's not true if you think pastors or ministers won't sin, just because of their positions in church. They are in church serving you and me, because God in His mercy has chosen them for this special service. We are all under God's mercy and His grace, He appointed us all for different things according to His gifts to us.

Pastors and ministers are no better than us, they are God's servants, so are we. They are no better than us and in fact, their lives are in great challenge up against them as they serve God in church. We as the church attendant, instead of judging, pointing fingers at them, we SHOULD pray for them.


The world again, pointing fingers at us Christians, laughing at us for what we believe and yet, they found us failing God and failing others. How many of us can claim loudly that after you knew God, you have never sinned against Him? Who can claim this? If we ourselves cannot claim this, how can we imagine the pastors or ministers should act so superficially righteous and holy without failing God and us? Who has made us righteous? Wasn't it God Himself? Or we ourselves have done good works that we can now justify ourselves and we boast and we judge those who sin?

While the world is laughing, while the world is judging those who have failed God, shall we go with the crowd and do the same? Shall we laugh with them, and sadly to say, many of us who called Christians, we also did the very same thing, pointing fingers at those who sin, as if we never sinned ourselves! As if we were non-believers, went into the same mocking noises in the Society, mocking, teasing those who have failed God.

We got all sort of headlines on the newspaper, especially the publishers love to put the ugly news up the top for all to see, and guess what, if you claimed to be a follower of Jesus Christ, they assumed you will be perfect making no mistake, if you did, they put you at the top of the headline, magnify your mistakes for all to see. For all the good works Christians have done to the world, they hide it, try not to show all.

But if you have any ugly news, they definitely put it in the front page with big letters showing. Why are we so captivating by those news, and why in our hearts we also despise our brothers and sisters in the Lord. In the same Lord we worship?


Are you not a believer under God's grace and mercy? Are you not a believer that we meant to love not to hate our brothers and sisters, we meant to pray, intercede for those who are weak not that we criticize our own brothers and sisters like the rest of the world does!

It is time to re-examine ourselves, are we acting like the Pharisees, throwing stones at those Jesus died for and love? Are we throwing stones at our own brothers and sisters, who are you, that you can act like a Judge for someone else's servant? Are you not one of the God's servant too? Are you not in the same boat as those who are persecuted in their faith? Can we act like a real Christian today? Shall we all wake up to this Calling? Can we back up our brothers and sisters in PRAYER, not in judgement??

Awake, brothers and sisters as we know full well what Satan is like He is the accuser of the brethren, remember His name as the 'Accuser', if we acted the same, accusing our own brothers and sisters, I am afraid to say, you might be a believer of Satan, as your behavior has lined up with Satan instead of God's.

S. Mariah - passionate about the sexually-broken. 
Please visit http://Jesusloveslgbt.org  for more articles on homosexuality.

My e-books, please visit: 

https://www.amazon.com/She-confused-Wandering-wonderful-imagination-ebook/dp/B08HHLCHR3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=The+âsheâ+confused&qid=1599

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print