Signed, Sealed, Delivered
by PamFord Davis

Have you ever sealed an envelope, and then discovered you forgot to enclose the check? It is not only annoying; it seems wasteful. It is a shame to tear open a good envelope; parental instructions on thrift make us feel guilty, but we fight the feelings and rip the envelope. We insert a written check in a second envelope and discard the first, while making a resolution to be more careful in the future.


Government and military leaders seal documents, legal letters and orders. The information is official and secure; the recipient will sense the importance of the communication and read it in haste.


"Mordecai wrote orders in the name of King Xerxes. And he sealed the letters with the king's signet ring. Then he sent the king's orders by messengers on horses. The messengers rode fast horses, which were raised just for the king. These were the king's orders: The Jews in every city have the right to gather together to protect themselves (Esther 8:10-11a NCV)." God has appointed us as messengers. He has sealed us with the Holy Spirit and he awaits delivery.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print