Its time for a clean sweep in Washington D.C.
by Robert Randle

The Democrats cannot say that the rumors of their death is premature because the way things look now, it is likely to be a day that undertakers would turn green with envy; and it seems that there is only one person who mostly gets the blame. President Obama missed the incredible opportunity he had then to unite the country. It was also a time of great disenchantment over the 8 years of George W. Bush, and people were looking for a ray of HOPE, so here cometh the MESSIAH; politically speaking, of course. Well, now we know that he cannot create jobs out of nothing nor can he make the deep waters of partisan, political division come back together again.

Now what is needed in Washington D.C. is a clean sweep. Presidential candidate Barack Obama's famous quote of "EIGHT IS ENOUGH" should apply, in principal, to those "lifers" now serving in Congress. All the incumbents who have been in office more than, say, four terms, should be voted out of office and replaced by someone else; hopefully, a person of integrity who is willing to really work in a bi-partisan fashion to solve the problems facing all Americans. Give these four the HEAVE-HO: Nancy Pelosi, Sam Reid, Mitch McConnell, and John Boehner; and for president Obama: "WE SAY NO TO FOUR MORE."

Perhaps the lament of Cassius in the quote from Shakespeare is appropriate at this stage: "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, But in ourselves, that we are underlings."


Robert Randle
776 Commerce St. #B-11
Tacoma, WA 98402
September 15, 2010
[email protected]

[email protected]
http://choirboy51.blogspot.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print