Encouraging You in Jesus
by Marijo Phelps

Looking at the word "encourage" we see the word courage. Does it mean to give courage? The thesaurus says to give confidence, hearten, cheer, support, persuade, push and promote among other things. I think to give courage would fit right in here too. Jesus definitely gives me courage, to hope, to trust, to believe though I haven't yet obtained and to hang on tightly to the promises in His Word.

Today He is once again sharing His thoughts with us:

Child, I'd like to speak to more than your heart. We need times to listen together - times for you to be still and KNOW that I AM God. I LOVE you. Really (selah) pause and think calmly about that.

Still amazed after all these years that He loves me, He knows me lumps, bumps, flaws, missing parts and He loves me all the more. Is it like looking at my old teddy bear, the one with the button eyes and faded blue fur, the bear of my infancy? Big Bear still has a place of honor in my home. He has gone from close childhood companion to a perch high in the kitchen in a little red wagon. Big Bear looks out over the most precious room in the house, my kitchen, and surveys all. The bear of my childhood would not win any beauty bear contests but he doesn't need to as he has won my heart long, long ago. Yes, I love Big Bear maybe because of his lumps, bumps and flaws. He is unique to me and we have traveled far together.

Maybe that is how God sees me. Maybe all those things which make me uniquely me and completely His are what endear me to Jesus. I only know that He cares oh, so much for me and for you, way beyond our material value, looking straight into the heart of us. He values who we are because He made us, planned for us and knew our each and every thought yet He loves us still. And that is His unconditional love. Will you allow Him to draw you close? Will you allow Him to make you His child? His forgiveness is there for the asking. He is nothing less that God wanting to set the captive free. Believe me, you have never known a freedom or love like His.

Prayer: Ah, Lord God, please help us to slow down, to walk liberated in all the light we have. Help us to get a picture, glimpse by glimpse of your most incredible love for us. Help us to listen and ask and walk upright in You. Thank You for your most inexplicable love that wants to spend time with me. Thank You most of all for who You are and what you did and continue to do. AMEN

Deuteronomy 30:20
and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life, and he will give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. (NIV)

In Psalm 46:10 we are encouraged, given courage to be still and know that He is God. It also states that God will be exalted above the nations and above the earth.

In John 16:27 Jesus is speaking saying "No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God."

I wonder at the special, individual place each one of us has in the heart of God. I think there are really no words to explain that place which is most wonderful to experience more and more as we walk with Him. Give Him your hand. Give Him your heart. Walk with Him today.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print