Comforting Words
by PamFord Davis

It is not a sign of weakness to need comfort and encouragement. We grow weary when faithful in service to God and others. Our fathers in the faith found strength through timely words of friend's understanding, and the Father's word. We are flesh, blood, mind and spirit. If we cannot see God's hand through the haze of difficulty, we lose heart.


I was surprised to learn that angels also may need comfort. I perceived them as never questioning the Creator's plan, always joyful, peace personified. The prophet Zechariah recorded details of an encounter with the Lord and His angels. (Zechariah 1:11-17) "The Lord replied with kind and comforting words to the angel who was speaking with me (Zechariah 1:13 HCS)." Jehovah God's words comfort, bring courage and strength.


"Proclaim further: This is what the Lord of Hosts says: My cities will again overflow with prosperity; the Lord will once more comfort Zion and again choose Jerusalem (Zechariah 1:17 HCS)." What is comfort? It is a loving hand upon my shoulder, an embrace when no words are necessary, and eyes of understanding meeting mine.


As a young girl, if I was sad or confused, I sought comfort from my parents and grandparents. I knew I could depend on their love. I received comfort in words spoken or left unsaid. "Everything will be alright." The Father's message was the same to both angels in defense of Israel and Zechariah. I can rely on our heavenly Father to keep His promises, His arms embrace me and His comfort banishes fear and discouragement.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print