How to be Healed Emotionally
by Marijo Phelps

When you stop to think about it, we probably all had what is referred to now as a dysfunctional family. We had issues of being hurt by ones who loved us and might have known better. We, ourselves, probably hurt those close to us be they relatives or friends.

Sometimes we might have been lashing out like a kitten backed into the corner by the family dog, coming at someone with our claws out and hisses flowing. Other times it might have been a thoughtless word or action. Those times, going both ways, are common to all of us, common to life. That doesn't make them hurt any less even with their remembrance.

Have you talked to the Lord about them? Maybe you can hear His whisper to your heart:

Come as that little child unto me for healing. My arms embrace you and draw you close. I choose to give you liberty in My name. Be whole.

Let the tears of your years out to flow free. You don't even understand your pain nor feel it any longer. I desire to unfreeze you and set you free. It isn't your job to do as I am working it in you. Look up to me. I will release you.

It took a long time for you to build up your cover wall but I know where the key goes. Release, I speak onto you for healing. You shall be healed and your mother.

Look up to Me. I the Lord am mighty to the tearing down of emotional strongholds. I desire to free you and will. Expect and await release. And the beauty out of ashes is yours in Jesus Christ. Selah. (Pause and think calmly about that)

In Proverbs 15:4 we learn a bit about the tongue when the Bible says that the tongue that brings healing is a tree of life but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.

Has your spirit been crushed? Then allow the Lord Jesus to take your hand and walk you through that time and heal you today. He was there with you, he felt your pain and angst when it happened and he truly can set you free even now.

Isaiah 58:8 is another encouraging verse about healing "Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard." (NIV)

Malachi 4:2 gives us more hope on healing stating "But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall." (NIV)

Just close your eyes for a minute and allow the word picture to sink in, the gate is opened and those rambunctious calves are running free, bucking and kicking up their heels after being confined and imprisoned for so long. That can be you and me today if we but trust Him with our pains and sorrows. Is it time, it is probably way past time!

Prayer: Dearest Lord Jesus, thank you that you came and "by your stripes we are healed". Thank you that it is not only physical healing (as per Strong's Concordance). Help us to see ALL the ways you heal in your creativity and giftedness on our behalf. Help us to step out of our imprisonment and receive that healing touch from Your mighty hands even today. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print