Do Not Let Guilt Overwhelm You into Inaction
by Marijo Phelps

I was running errands in Colorado Springs one day recently. We live about 65 miles "out" from the big city so when I do go in I have a "list to run".

About twice a month I make the day long trip into the city of close to half a million where we used to live. What has changed in the five years we have called the mountain meadow our home? Not much. There is the convenience of many and varied stores. Streets are torn up with construction and the traffic seems to have doubled. There are still people doing most dangerous things on the roads sometimes at the expense of other drivers.
My list was getting shorter. I'd met Mick for a quick lunch and was back at doing errands when my cell rang.

"Marijo, I just remembered we were supposed to meet for lunch at Souper Salad today and I missed you!" Chris's voice sounded remorseful and a bit panicked.

"Oh, no! I didn't turn the calendar over to the 1st today. Chris, I missed you too and had lunch with Mick!"

"Well, how weird we both forgot, let's do lunch the next time you are in CS."

This was a first. Chris and I have been friends for over sixteen years since meeting at a retreat for the crisis pregnancy center volunteer staff. She and I chose a room that was away from the rest of the gals in the dorm setting because we were just sure they'd all stay up way past midnight talking and giggling. By 3AM they had all been sleeping for hours and Chris and I were still discussing end times prophesy .We clicked SO well. We have been good friends and prayer partners ever since.

I am mentally contrasting my missing lunch with Chris with my missing my quiet time with my Jesus. And wondering why I beat myself up so badly about the latter instead of picking myself up and purposing to not let it happen "next time".

Child, be not condemned because of occasional shorter or lacking quiet times. DO NOT let the backwash of separations come between us in any way but draw closer still. I AM your beloved and you are Mine. There is purifying to be done and intimacy to be gained. Delight your heart in Me, as I delight in You. Draw really close and I shall gather you into my waiting arms. You are mine. You are Mine. You ARE MINE. Selah.

In Deuteronomy 33:12 we, as the beloved of the Lord are encouraged to rest secure in Him and reminded that He shields us all day long, the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders.

OK, I missed a "date" with my Lord. Does that mean He will turn around, get huffy and walk away leaving me on the sidewalk? Thinking about it I cannot say that has ever happened. I might realize I have missed richness and intimacy but He doesn't turn on His heel scorning me, far from that.

It is a simple matter of me turning and once again, lifting my face to my Lord.

Job 22:26
Surely then you will find delight in the Almighty and will lift up your face to God. (NIV)

Why should I read His Word, to have His promises encouraging me all the time and to be able to quote the scripture to the enemy and to friends too. To know what is expected of me as a believer and to also know what to expect in any of life's circumstances. Also, I need to dwell in the Bible to help me delight in my salvation.

Psalm 1:2
But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. (NIV)

Psalm 35:9
Then my soul will rejoice in the LORD and delight in his salvation. (NIV)

An unwise woman is described below.
Zephaniah 3:2
She obeys no one, she accepts no correction. She does not trust in the LORD, she does not draw near to her God. (NIV)

It doesn't take too much thought to figure out which woman (person) we would choose to be, does it?

Prayer: Dearest Lord God, how can I not draw near to You? You who ask, You who call, You who carry me so many times? Thank You that I am yours and You call me by name Help me to feast upon your word even more! AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/


(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print