Survival Mode
by PamFord Davis

I am not a gardener, but my husband cannot wait to plant each year's vegetable garden. I help water the plants and gather produce when it is ready. This year our area in the southeast is experiencing drought conditions. It has greatly affected our yield. My spouse gives me some of the credit for the plants that have survived. He said, if I had not watered, it would have all died.


With watering, plants survive; gardens receiving rain flourish. I want to do more than survive. It seems that in difficult times I go into survival mode; God wants so much more for me. His comforting grace falls like unexpected showers in a time of spiritual drought.


The Lord spoke to and through Isaiah. "As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem. When you see this, your heart will rejoice and you will flourish like grass (Isaiah 66:13-14a NIV)." Jesus, as the living water springs up within my soul. He is the source of growth and fruit of the Spirit.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print