Holding onto the Hand of the Lord
by Marijo Phelps

Mick and I hike much. We don't hike on paths or trails but up mountains, over foothills and across rocky landscapes. I am not sure how we did it and remained standing up before we began using hiking sticks. Now we have a tripod base and stumble or fall much less often. We have averted some bruises and cuts in doing so.

We also choose to hold tightly to our heavenly Father's strong and capable hand in walking through our lives together. This has not always been so as there were times before Jesus when we were bruised, cut and fallen, this is an understatement.

We all have that offer from our heavenly Father, He is reaching out with His hand to grasp ours. He offers to walk with us through it all holding tightly to us because He really does care. What we do with His offer is our choice. If we listen really closely even today we can hear His voice speaking to us:

My child, you see the hills above you look not at your feet but up, to my glory
Let not your feelings tip and sway you so much. Your hand is in Mine. I am leading forth. Your feelings are like the weather, be not so affected by the climate around you as by who is your God.
If we are hand in hand what matters rain or snow or shine. Jesus, Jesus is the lifter of your soul.

In Luke 21:28 the Bible speaks of redemption saying "Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near." (NKJV
John 10:27 speaks of Jesus' sheep hearing His voice and how He knows them and how they follow him.

Our God is not someone impersonal who doesn't have time or cannot be bothered. He numbers the very hairs on our heads. He is interested and concerned and wants to "be there for us". All we need to do is ask.

Psalm 121:1 speaks of looking up to the hills and think about where our help comes from.

I am sure we can all think of instances when our loved ones and close friends have let us down. We have let others down too. It is a comfort to know that our Lord will never let us down. He might have different answers to our prayers than what we thought, He might say no or wait but it is in our best interest for Him to do so. For Him to do anything else would not be to love us purely. I have learned over the years that I can't always trust myself and my perceptions but I truly can trust my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He is not only faithful but He is oh, so ABLE.

Prayer: Dear Lord, I know Your ways are not our ways and Your thoughts, our thoughts. Please help me to remember that when "crunch time" comes. Help me not to look at the "weather" around me but to look always to the Weather maker! YOU alone are the answer. You alone have the answers that I need. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/


(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print