A letter to the parents with gay kids at home
by S Mariah

Dear parents,

Are you persevering in prayer, praying for your son or your daughter's breakthrough in gay lifestyle?How have you been spiritually?

I can imagine it must be a hard call for you to be the intercessor for your children, you might have been praying for years and years and not a single sign for you to see if any breakthrough did come through....

Breakthrough, or miracle sometimes start with ourselves, we tend to pray for a miracle, and many times God requires us to do a self-check, self-confession that we humble ourselves and no matter costs, we allow God to transform us inside out. That can be a painful process but perhaps it's a must.

As a christian parents, you are blessed, because you can be an intercessor for your children, you need to persevere and others to support you in prayer.

Very frankly, many of the gay kids, they didn't grow up in a healthy environment, that might mean - the parents are divorced, one parent is dominating, while others are silence, many children were hurting, not receiving enough affirmation from both parents, in particular the Father's affirmation is crucial to a young child.

A father's affirmation - Yes...why?
From my personal experience, when I was little, I did not feel that I was loved by my father, couldn't even remember the times when he called me 'daughter' at all and obviously the affirmation from him was lacking in me, and I starved to know how much my father can love me.....and it had placed a great impact in my spiritual walk with God over the years, as I reckoned if my heavenly father would really love me the way I don't deserve, or wondering if his love is for real, or really an unconditional one.

Once I learned the power of forgiveness, I started to see my father in a brand new way, though even now he has not believed in God, our relationship by God's grace has improved so much, we can freely share things with one another, he remembered the things that matters to me, and I can see how my heavenly father has also changed his heart and attitude towards me, as I FIRST ALLOWED God to change me!!!!


God has to change me first, I have to be willing enough to do the self-check and let God transform my thoughts over my father, then HE also transforms my father.

See here, the parents have to be honest with God, crying out and allowing themselves to be transformed by God first. As you are a christian, 'changes' has to be started from you, if your kids are not christians yet, or even they are christians.

You need to get healed first, if you have had broken relationship with your husband or wife, you need to deal with it and allow God to heal you, that your changes can also be a healing for your son and daughter.

I hope you are encouraged in this letter, and cry out to God for all your needs, God is faithful and He always will, trust in Him. He has the power to change and heal.

S. Mariah - passionate about the sexually-broken. 
Please visit http://Jesusloveslgbt.org  for more articles on homosexuality.

My e-books, please visit: 

https://www.amazon.com/She-confused-Wandering-wonderful-imagination-ebook/dp/B08HHLCHR3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=The+âsheâ+confused&qid=1599

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print