Fatigue
by PamFord Davis

Doctors routinely ask a series of questions during consultations with their patients. I'm sure you are familiar with most on their checklist and wish they would focus on the reason for your visit. It is much like a pilot preparing to take off from an airport. The questions from the doctor may seem like a waste of time to us, but the answers may be key indicators to serious health issues.


"Are you fatigued?" Occasional fatigue is not serious, but if we lose energy and interest in activities we normally enjoy, the source of fatigue needs to be uncovered and treated immediately. I've cared for many infants and toddlers and can only wish I had half their energy. When they were limp in my arms or lethargic and slept too long, I knew they needed to see a doctor.


"For the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty, And drowsiness will clothe a man with rags (Proverbs 23:21 NKJ)." Physicians recommend bed rest to aid in recovery of an illness. If drowsiness is the problem, the patient will follow any of the doctor's orders to restore vitality.


We need the Lord's power. "I will seek what was lost and bring back what was driven away, bind up the broken and strengthen what was sick (Ezekiel 34:16a NKJ)." He will return our strength to work in His kingdom. Lethargy is not the common cold. There is a cure!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print