Over-comers
by PamFord Davis

We applaud those who overcome addictions, fears, jealousy or a bad temper. All have weakness in certain areas; temptations can pull us under. Most are aware of their problems, and repeatedly promise themselves and others to change. Each time we succumb to our old ways we feel more helpless. Guilt haunts the defeated with eerie cries of "failure, failure"!


If it is so difficult to master personal problems, how can we overcome evil of the entire world? It is beyond us; we are sure to fall in defeat. We must seek outside help. The Lord spoke to his disciples of their coming abandonment. They would leave Him following His arrest, and scatter when overcome by fear of persecution. "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world (John 16:33 NAS)."


We all have issues we battle; victory is not in willpower, but His power! "For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world our faith. And who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God (1 John 5:4-5 NAS)." When we place our trust in Christ, we receive His power to be over-comers in victory!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print