Trust Him
by Bob Valleau

TODAY'S VERSE: "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13 (NIV)

Jackie stood in the middle of her living room and stared into the silence. Never before had she felt so all alone and lonely. The divorce devastated her. It had been a year since she discovered her ex-husband's infidelity, and it will probably take the rest of her life to overcome the pain and hurt she experienced from his unfaithfulness.

When she and Tom agreed to divide their assets, Jackie began to worry about everything. How was she going to make it in today's job market with her limited skills and experience? Where was she going to live? She could no longer afford the house where so many memories were made with their two children.

Feeling abandoned and facing a bleak future, Jackie dropped to her knees and cried out to God. Soon, peace overwhelmed her as she remembered what her pastor once said, "Whenever you are troubled, Jesus can become for you what you cannot become for yourself. Do you seek peace? Then seek Him. Do you want joy? Then want Him. Do you feel powerless? Then open your heart, and let His Spirit strengthen you as you place your trust in Him."

TODAY'S PRAYER: Father, fill us with Your joy and peace as we trust in You. Whenever we feel lonely or afraid, may Your presence bring to us the peace we seek and the power to overcome any of life's obstacles along our way.

Bob Valleau has over 30 years of writing experience for the Christian market. He was once named Christian Writer of the Year (San Antonio, Texas) by the American Christian Writers Association. He is the author of four books. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print