Sometimes God Uses Us as His Messengers
by Marijo Phelps

I used to think each time the Lord gave me a peek into something someone close to me was struggling with I was supposed to go and speak with them about that issue. Pretty soon it became very evident that most of the time those things were for me to pray about on their behalf, a "prayer burden" if you will. Something I was supposed to intercede for until I felt a release. On rare occasions the Lord would make it clear if it was something I was to share with the person I was praying for. His timing was rarely mine and listening to Him was the key. Most of the time it was praying for someone when maybe they couldn't even pray for themselves. I know people have told me about times when they were praying for me when I simply didn't have the strength to do it for myself.
The following was started with a prayer burden I had for orphans. I wanted to leap in and do something (anything?) immediately. It was months later that things were clarified and I found myself going to Guatemala to work with orphans there. The prayer was part of the preparation for me and for the Lord's work to be done in Agua Viva (Living Water) as our team went. His timing was perfect and mine was definitely lacking but I listened and prayed.

Let not your heart be troubled. I will give you direction and prepare your way. You shall go forth in My name and My time. Be not alarmed. I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall say. Forget not the widows and orphans in their need. Rest and be not dismayed for I shall unfold and clarify for you. Reach out in My strength. I love you and want to love them through you. Selah. It is in My timing, I won't send you unprepared not overwhelmed with fear. There is a time to get ready. Not all done for Me is on instant impulse. I would not ask that which I couldn't/wouldn't equip you to do. You SHALL know the timing soon, WAIT, be open and ready. Selah.

In John 14:1 we are encouraged to not let our hearts be troubled but to trust in God and Jesus.

Using the application of the above scripture you simply cannot go wrong.

Exodus 23:20 speaks of God sending an angel to prepare our way and bring us to the place he has prepared.

We think we can rush in but God sees the whole picture and is making preparations in the situation. He is preparing our hearts, finances, character and the hearts of the other people involved. I imagine there are wars in the heavenlies taking place on our behalf too. Only He knows the perfect timing.

In Isaiah 62:10 we are shown a process of the Lord's preparation "Pass through, pass through the gates! Prepare the way for the people. Build up, build up the highway! Remove the stones. Raise a banner for the nations." (NIV)

Exodus 4:12 shows God's faithfulness in giving us even the words we are to speak telling us to go and that He will help us speak and teach us what we are to say.

I know for a fact that Him teaching us what to say eliminates the "foot in mouth" syndrome in our lives. All we need to do is tune into what the Holy Spirit is saying and speak His words. It works!

Finally a great promise, again from Isaiah:
Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (NIV)

Prayer: Dearest Jesus, almost every word in your Word holds promise and hope thank you for placing them there for us to encourage, instruct and help us get up and go on. Thank you for your perfect timing and that you don't ask us or send us unprepared. Thank you for going before us and preparing the way and leading in your most incredible footsteps. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print