Ah, to be Young Again
by Marijo Phelps

Do you see yourself as a toddler or a young child? I don't mean looking back to those years, I mean right now. How can that be you might ask. Nicodemus asked Jesus Christ a similar question when he said "can a man go back into his mother's womb" regarding Jesus comments about being "born again".

It is rather heartening to think that this sixty-four old woman might be looked at as a child. Then again, sometimes that is disheartening. GRIN. However, if we can grab unto the childlike qualities and banish the childish ones it might not be all bad.

The Holy spirit whispers His encouragement to us as children of the King:

I love you, my daughter. Be not discouraged but humble in knowing I am working in you.

You see that which is left to do. I know how you were not very long ago and watch you grow.

My footsteps are becoming more and more your choice. I will help you to see as you can respond to My teaching, gradually but surely. I love you so. You are beautiful unto me.

Prayer: My Jesus, I do hear your voice. And it makes me overflow with joy. I desire for you to teach me praise and worship so that I may enter into your presence. I thank you for your Word and your beautiful words you've blessed me with.

Ephesians 3:7 speaks to these somewhat mysterious happenings.

Ephesians 3:7

I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God's grace given me through the working of his power. (NIV)

2 Peter 3:18 exhorts us to grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ while giving Him the glory now and forever.

If we couldn't grow then that would not be placed in the Bible. I am sure we can all look and see areas where we need to grow. This is the promise that it is possible, if not God wouldn't have included this in His Word. He will help us, His Holy spirit will teach us. The Lord will even carry us, like little lambs, across His shoulders when the need arises.

In Psalm 119:133 (yes, this is a very long Psalm and worth reading over and over) David implores the Lord to direct his footsteps according to His word and let no sin rule over him (David).


Proverbs 7:2 says that if we keep His commandments we will live and that we are to guard His teachings as the apple of our eye.

If you have a child or friend who is the apple of your eye they are most special to you. God is challenging us to see His teachings that way. They are valuable and to be cherished. We will live. Many other scriptures speak of life and more abundantly in Jesus. This should be an easy choice, yet many wait too long of don't make that choice at all. How can I speak about this? I feel that I waited way too long and could have avoided many, many bad choices that hurt me and those I supposedly loved. BUT praise God for His abundant life once we do come to Him for forgiveness!

In Isaiah 52:7 (I might have mentioned before how much I love Isaiah and this is another example of why) the Bible speaks of how beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion "your God reigns!"

We live in the most beautiful mountains and I hope the above scripture applies to Mick and myself in the very best way!


Prayer: Thanks for your great encouragement. Lord, I desire to draw very near to you and hear your every Word. Jesus make me into your image. Help me to reach out with your compassion in my hands. Thank you for all you desire to do help me to be more sensitive to you and more expressive. Lord I commit the cry of my heart unto You. AMEN

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print