By His Stripes We Are Healed
by Marijo Phelps

Many of us have read the physician's account of what happened during the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. It was something even this RN could not get clinical about and then to think He did that just for you and for me. To say that sacrifice "boggles the mind" would not begin to touch the subject.

Are there things in your past that are raw and hurting like they happened today? Do you suffer from something that traumatized your emotions, your physical self or your family?

The Lord Jesus can gently take you by the hand and bring forth a healing process that will set you free. How can I say this with certainty? I know from personal experience as there were shattered parts of my life that the Lord Jesus Christ has made whole. Those pieces of my life that were not even recognizable as anything but shattered pieces. The "me" which came out of those pieces walking hand-in-hand with Jesus is more whole and complete than I had been to start with before the fragmentation. I have also experienced physical healing on occasions. My doctor has the before photos on my chart and I am living proof of the "after". HE is able.

Isaiah 53:5
But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed.

Several years ago I sat with notebook in hand and wrote the following that I felt He was placing on my heart:

Oh, my daughter, there is so much for you to learn. Healing flows not undimmed by human tears, where freedom is found. Allow Jesus access. His healing balm flows through you.

Daughter there are others who need my touch where you are. I will bring them to you and as you lift me up they shall know deliverance and health in my name.

See my life flow freely forth, beauty out of ashes. Your scars can heal others as I have healed you. Don't cover them up (scars) share in love.

In 2Corinthians 1:4 the Bible is speaking of Jesus saying that He comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Although that particular scripture is a tongue twister it is full of promise and meaning. I have seen His faithfulness to that scripture in my own life over and over.

In James 5:16 we are encouraged to confess our trespasses to one another, to pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
That is generic for mankind and also applies to us gals.

In 1 Corinthians 14:3 the gift or prophesy is mentioned "But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men." (NKJV)

Romans 15:5 exhorts us to be look at God who is the God of patience and comfort that He might grant you to be like-minded towards one another, according to Christ Jesus.

All of that to say God will help us have patience and comfort each other.

In 2 Timothy 1:6 we are reminded along with Timothy to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of hands.

We have all been given gifts from God and they are to be used to encourage and reach out to others. We are His hands and arms here on earth until He comes back. What an awesome responsibility and honor!

In Isaiah 61:3 is a verse that several songs have been based upon. "To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified." (NKJV)

God is so faithful. He can and does heal today. All we need to do is ask. All we need to do is allow Him to use us to reach out to others. Can you let Him use you to be an instrument of His peace?

Prayer: Dear Father, please help us to reach out in your name. Help us to share the comfort with which You comforted us. Help us to be an unclogged vessel for your use daily, in our Jerusalem, in the most wonderful name of Jesus we ask this, AMEN.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print