That Snowy Morning
by Dicky To

In early March this year, as I sat behind my desk in the bedroom, I peered through the window. Snowing! The flaky crystals fell to the ground, weaving a delicate, white sheet of blanket.

As I sank into the cushions of my chair, my memories took me back to that snowy morning in March 1994.

I had been looking for a job for quite some time but the Lord still had not answered my prayer. Early that morning, I prepared myself for a very important job interview. I dressed handsomely in business attire. A feeling of pride rose within me, causing me to think about the bright side of the interview.

Before I headed out, I parted the curtains to check the road conditions and saw nothing but snow! I was shocked! The bright crystals piled up, covering every corner of the neighborhood. Didn't I watch the weather forecast the previous night? The blizzard that suddenly hit the towns startled me, causing me to become panicked and blame God for such an 'undesirable obstacle' on 'my straight path' to the interview.

I immediately put on my coat, hurried to my car, took the snow brush out of the trunk and started sweeping the thick layer of snow away.

"I don't need it. I don't need it. Why did You send such a blizzard this morning?"

As words of complaint were still hanging on my lips, a very gentle voice reached my ears. "I am the Lord who delivered the Israelites from slavery. I am the same God who will deliver you from your jobless hardship. Do not be afraid, for I am with you."

The voice was so comforting, so reassuring that a sense of peace filled my heart and warmed my soul. At that moment, I felt that I was in the Lord's tender embrace, restfully wrapped in His indescribable Love.

After I got into the car, I closed my eyes, praying a prayer of repentance, a prayer of drawing myself closer to the Almighty. On my way, I kept praying within my heart, asking the Lord for safety, protection and guidance. As I was approaching the destination, I almost missed the street sign but fortunately made a safe turn to the building complex. After a prayer for wisdom, I walked into the company and began my interview process. The interview lasted about two hours and went pretty well. Two weeks later, the human resources called me back for a second interview. On that same day, they gave me a job offer.

Winter will soon arrive and once again bring forth a coat of flaky, white crystals of a million sizes. No matter how thick the layer of snow will be, I will deeply remember the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ who extended His Love to me that morning.

I would like to bring people to God or to strengthen other Christians in their faith through my writings. I pray that my articles or short stories may touch many lives. I am writing a romantic Christian novel based on my personal events, and I hope that God may lead me to a literary agent.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print