Satan's Lies Haven't Changed
by Marijo Phelps

What do we know about Satan? He is a liar, deceiver, comes to kill, steal and destroy, goes about like a roaring lion. That doesn't paint a pretty picture does it?

Satan has used the same 4 lies to enslave man throughout all time.

1. You shall be as gods or be gods

Genesis 3:4-6 (New International Version)
4 "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman.5 "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." 6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.

Now all cults teach either that we are gods or "god is us and we are god" or that we can become gods. Satan thought he could become as the "most high" also and it was that pride which eventually gave him a one way ticket out of heaven.

2. Rejection of moral absolutes (god didn't really mean that.)

Genesis 3:1
[ The Fall of Man ] Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "DidGod really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?"

All is relative to the situation situational ethics and rejection of moral absolutes (Nietzsche)

3. You shall not die

Genesis 3:4
4 "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman.
Reincarnation ideas are taught now, same lie and totally opposes resurrection.

4. You shall know good from evil (enlightenment or cosmic consciousness)

Genesis 3:5
"For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

Pantheism is taught now in many Eastern religions the belief that god is everything - the belief that God and the material world are one and the same thing and that God is present in everything.
Lucifer (one of Satan's names in the Bible) means "light bearer":

2 Corinthians 11:10-15
10As surely as the truth of Christ is in me, nobody in the regions of Achaia will stop this boasting of mine. 11Why? Because I do not love you? God knows I do! 12And I will keep on doing what I am doing in order to cut the ground from under those who want an opportunity to be considered equal with us in the things they boast about.13For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. 14And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve. (NIV)

Know the REAL (Jesus) and you will recognize the counterfeit.

Satan's rebellion is spoken of in Isaiah 14. The whole chapter is full of incredible "word pictures" and Isaiah 14:12-14 captures the essence of Satan's rebellion and fall.

12 'How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! 13 You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain. 14 I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High."

Freedom is the power to be able to do what you ought.

New Age and Hinduism are parallel entities. New Age philosophies are coming into the church and not being recognized as unscriptural.

2 Timothy 2:15 (New King James Version)
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15 (King James Version)
15Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

We need to make sure we are in God's Word and learning.

Mark 13:22
For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and miracles to deceive the electif that were possible.

1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.

My blog is: http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com/

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print