Real Discipleship of Jesus Christ
by S Mariah

Let's look at Mark 10 and it would be a great lesson for us to learn, the way we receive God's words and how we apply the lesson into our lives and be reminded of it regularly...

In Mark 10:31, Jesus taught the disciples about who is the greatest in the Kingdom of God - it is such a big difference compared to the worldly standard for what they see 'greatest'. Jesus mentioned about it again I think mainly because the disciples did not get it, back in verse 14 and 15, the disciples was scolding the parents from bringing the children to Jesus, I reckon the disciples have not learned, have not listened by heart for what Jesus said to them about 'we need to enter the kingdom of God like a little child, we need to have a child-like faith towards God.'

They scolded the parents, then Jesus got angry at the disciples because of that, and so Jesus taught them again in verse 31, 'that many who are the greatest now will be least important then, and those who seem least important now will be the greatest then.'

And then we see the problem with the disciples again in verse 35, James and John requested to be 'the greatest men among the other disciples', to be seated next to Jesus up on the throne, one on his left and one on his right. Wow what a request is this?

Didn't Jesus just teach them all about being humble, and know the truth that they might be the least in this world but they will become the greatest in the Kingdom of God?

'For God would lift up the lowly, God lift up the humble.'

Because of what James and John requested of Jesus, the other disciples were all getting angry and jealous about James and John, their heart probably went soured with James and John and as they demanded such a position from Jesus....so the other disciples were so stirred up, so angry with what they said.....and again, they probably have forgotten what Jesus was trying to address them, being great in the Kingdom of God is far more important than being great in this world.

And again and again, they have forgotten that "Kingdom Principle". They only focused on the 'greatness' on this earth...forgetting they have a Kingdom up in heaven for them...

Let's read on a few more verses, you see that they have learned a thing yet....because of the way they treated the blind man Bartimaeus in verse 48.

They did not show that blind man any mercy, Bartimaeus long to be set free from his blindness, and he wanted to be healed....and he longs for the touch of Jesus....what happens to the disciples, where's their merciful hearts?

They told the blind man off....without any mercy, without any grace.....

Perhaps they might think, they are something because they are Jesus' disciples?

What about being Jesus' disciples, just like you and me today being His followers, being a Christian. What does that really mean to you, is that all about position here on earth, being called a Christian make you somehow feel so superior than others, or what do you see yourself as a Christian??

Why would they act like that, yelling and stopping a blind man from calling out to Jesus for healing? Why would they act like that if not for their pride and arrogance....and they think they are something superior than others....

Very gladly the blind man did not give up, he yelled all the more for Jesus to hear him....then Jesus full of compassion and love, called him to Himself....

What a story for us to learn....learn how to behave like a real Christian, a real Believer towards outsiders....and the way we view ourselves as Christians.....we are under the Grace of God, nothing much...We should look forward to the Kingdom of God, be humbled in all our ways and know this....God is the rewarder for those who love and seek Him.

S. Mariah - passionate about the sexually-broken. 
Please visit http://Jesusloveslgbt.org  for more articles on homosexuality.

My e-books, please visit: 

https://www.amazon.com/She-confused-Wandering-wonderful-imagination-ebook/dp/B08HHLCHR3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=The+âsheâ+confused&qid=1599

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print